[ensembl-dev] VEP cache files for barley (Hordeum vulgare)

Fred Peng fredyfpeng at ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 18 21:37:28 GMT 2014

Dear Developer,

I am running VEP on barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) but could not make it work,
with a message like: Hordeum_vulgare is not a valid species name (check DB
and API version). I downloaded the cache file for barley
hordeum_vulgare_vep_24_082214v1.tar.gz and unpacked it into ~/.vep
directory. I run VEP with --cache option and specified --species
Hordeum_vulgare.

Any help (especially regarding cache file prep, how to specify a species --
common name or Latin name?) is appreciated.

Cheers,
Fred Peng