[ensembl-dev] EnsEMBL REST server gateway timeout

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 13 13:07:06 GMT 2014

Hi Paolo,

As long as you have a system in place to respect the 15 requests/second
limit, the server should be able to cope with your request.

If you are using the VEP endpoint, it also supports POST request.
This allows you to submit several (up to 1000) entries in a single request.
It reduces the overhead in accessing the server, and means you can
technically submit 15,000 entries per second rather than 15.

There is documentation on how to set up a POST request here:
https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/POST-Requests

Please give it a try if you find this useful, we'd like to get feedback
on it and expand it to more endpoints if it proves successful.

Regards,
Magali