[ensembl-dev] RNAseq gene models

Thibaut Hourlier thibaut at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 1 13:00:05 BST 2014

Dear Genomeo,
We do not use the ENSG prefix to RNASeq genes because they were not generated using the Ensembl pipeline.

You can use the API to access the rnaseq database, homo_sapiens_rnaseq_75_37, on the public server: http://www.ensembl.org/info/data/mysql.html or you can have a local version: ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-75/mysql/homo_sapiens_rnaseq_75_37/. You will also need the core database in this case.

Regards
Thibaut