[ensembl-dev] VEP input file format question

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 10:42:12 GMT 2014

Hi Dylan,

The strand of the alleles you give is specified in the 5th column; in the
example you cite, the strand is "-", so the reverse/negative strand.

This means the CGT is the reference sequence on the reverse strand; it
would therefore be ACG (since the sequence is reversed as well as
complemented) on the forward strand for the same given coordinates.

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation