[ensembl-dev] Warning when registry is loaded

Sébastien Moretti sebastien.moretti at unil.ch
Mon Mar 3 09:49:55 GMT 2014

Hi

with the API from Ensembl 75, every time I load the registry I got this
warning I did not get before:

Use of uninitialized value $driver in string eq at

/usr/local/ensembl/ensembl/modules//Bio/EnsEMBL/DBSQL/DBConnection.pm
line 162 (#1)

It looks to work as before with it but it's a bit annoying in log files
and maybe highlight a potential problem.

I set the connection to our local, or the official, Ensembl db this way:
#!/usr/bin/env perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use diagnostics;

use Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry;

my $registry = 'Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry';

$registry->load_registry_from_db(
     -host    => 'ensembldb.ensembl.org',
     -user    => 'anonymous',
     -species => 'homo sapiens',