[ensembl-dev] Ensembl release 75 is out!

Thomas Maurel maurel at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Mar 1 17:25:32 GMT 2014

Dear Hiram,

The Saccharomyces assembly have not changed this release,  we have just updated the assembly name from EF4 to R64-1-1 to match the official INSDC name (GCA_000146045.2).
I am really sorry, the assembly name should be consistent across all the files. I have renamed the Saccharomyces dna files on the FTP site to match the new assembly name.

Thank you for reporting this to us.
Regards,
Thomas
On 1 Mar 2014, at 01:12, Hiram Clawson <hiram at soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> Good Afternoon Ensembl Fans:
>
> I note an unusual name change in two of the files in this v75 release:
>
> release-75/gtf/saccharomyces_cerevisiae/Saccharomyces_cerevisiae.R64-1-1.75.gtf.gz
> release-75/fasta/saccharomyces_cerevisiae/pep/Saccharomyces_cerevisiae.R64-1-1.75.pep.all.fa.gz
>
> Specfically the 'R64' version information.  This used to be 'EF4' in release-74
> and it remains 'EF4' in the release-75 file:
> release-75/fasta/saccharomyces_cerevisiae/dna/Saccharomyces_cerevisiae.EF4.75.dna_rm.toplevel.fa.gz
>
> These strings usually indicate the version of the genome in use.  Is there something
> changing with this genome for release 75 ?
>
> --Hiram
>
> On 2/27/14 3:14 AM, Thomas Maurel wrote:
>> We are pleased to announce that the latest Ensembl update (e!75) has been released:

Thomas Maurel
Bioinformatician - Ensembl Production Team
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD