[ensembl-dev] FW: downstream.pm VEP plugin

Sarah Hunt seh at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 8 10:31:29 BST 2014

Dear Manuel,

This plugin uses data structures created by VEP to provide additional
information, so it would not be trivial to adapt it to annotate input
from a different program.

Assuming you are using ensembl transcripts, there is an example in the
variation tutorial:

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/variation/variation_tutorial.html

which may help you in creating the VariationFeature and
TranscriptVariations objects required by the plugin from a novel input.

Best wishes,

Sarah