[ensembl-dev] FW: downstream.pm VEP plugin

Manuel Tardáguila Sancho manueltar at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:37:06 BST 2014

To whom it may concern,
My name is Manuel Tardaguila and I am an MSC in bioinformatics doing a project in the university of Lausanne. I am working on annotated variations using VEP and snpEff as annotators.
For frameshift variants I have to calculate downstream effects and I have found this plugin made by your team. I have a question that I would be very grateful if you could address;
As happens with other VEP plugins, I suppose that downstream plugin is called from VEP command line when the program is run. In case I have an annotated output from a different program (i.e. snpEff) would it be possible to adapt the plugin or run it separately of VEP?
Thanks in advance for your time and patience,