[ensembl-dev] DNV annotation problem?

Sarah Hunt seh at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jan 17 12:02:22 GMT 2014

Dear Ken,

When a variant is described on the negative strand, we expect the
allele strings to be reverse complimented, so would expect the
reference allele for 140453136 - 140453137 to be GT. At the codon
level this gives GTg/AAg => V/K.

The input you supplied describes the reference as TG - at the codon
level this gives TGg/AAg which is why you are seeing the output of
W/K.

Best wishes,

Sarah