[ensembl-dev] Slow get_adaptor

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jan 8 10:34:44 GMT 2014

Hi there,

The blocking queries have been killed from the server so you should see a marked improvement in your code's performance. Script response time will be dependent on database load & your distance from the MySQL server. The figures Mag quoted are a best case where the database is located on the same network as the machine running the API script.

Andy

Andrew Yates - Ensembl Support Coordinator
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD