[ensembl-dev] Difference in genomic coordinates between REFSEQ and ENSEMBL

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 11:57:48 GMT 2014

Hi Duarte,

In addition to what Mag says you can also do the following:

my $ta = Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry->get_adaptor('human', 'otherfeatures', 'transcript');
my $transcript = $ta->fetch_by_stable_id('NM_001101426.3');

You can also get this via the rest API like so:

http://beta.rest.ensembl.org/lookup/id/NM_001101426.3?object_type=Transcript;db_type=otherfeatures;species=human;format=full;expand=1

RefSeqs are not indexed by our internal lookup for REST which is why you have to manually tell it the object type, database it lives in & species.

Andy

Andrew Yates - Ensembl Support Coordinator
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD