[ensembl-dev] question about VEP cache for human-refseq

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 09:33:52 GMT 2014

Hi Pablo,

There's an issue with the setup and install of the RefSeq cache which is
being fixed for version 75.

Both cache files have the directory structure homo_sapiens/74, which means
the second one attempts to overwrite the first.

To get around this, you should install each separately in a different
directory - use --CACHE_DIR with INSTALL.pl to change the directory. You
then have to point VEP to this directory when you run it with --dir (or
--cache_dir if you have plugins in use).

As I said, this shouldn't be an issue for 75 when it rolls out.

Regards

Will