[ensembl-dev] question about VEP cache for human-refseq

pmg pablo.marin at uv.es
Tue Feb 25 01:21:58 GMT 2014

Hello Will and Co.

When installing VEP with cache I have a list of cache files. I have chosen 26 and 27 (assuming that there are two sets of cache. One for refseq transcripts and another for ensembl transcripts), but when installing VEP,  cache number 27 overwrites 26:

-------------
list of caches for installing:

26 : homo_sapiens_refseq_vep_74.tar.gz
27 : homo_sapiens_vep_74.tar.gz

? 26 27

 - downloading ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-74/variation/VEP/homo_sapiens_refseq_vep_74.tar.gz
** GET ftp://ftp.ensembl.org:21/pub/release-74/variation/VEP/homo_sapiens_refseq_vep_74.tar.gz ==> 200 OK (220s)
 - unpacking homo_sapiens_refseq_vep_74.tar.gz

WARNING: It looks like you already have the cache for homo_sapiens (v74) installed.
If you continue the existing cache will be overwritten.
Are you sure you want to continue (y/n)?
-----------

Are both cache really the same? are they mutually exclusive having both the same key? or any of them contains the information for both ensembl and refseq transcripts?

Pablo

Pablo Marin-Garcia, PhD
UNIDAD DE GENOTIPADO Y DIAGNOSTICO GENETICO
FUNDACIÓN INVESTIGACIÓN CLÍNICO DE VALENCIA-INCLIVA
Avda. Menéndez Pelayo 4 accesorio
46010 VALENCIA
SPAIN

TELF. 96 197 35 19