[ensembl-dev] HGNC gene families

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 24 13:50:43 BST 2014

Hi there,

Firstly we do not have any information about the HGNC family linked to a Gene. To retrieve that information you would have to use HGNC services such as Custom Downloads [1] web form or recently released REST API [2]. As for functional classes linked to a Gene we do attach GO terms but these are attached to the translations of the gene. However are no basic summaries of this available.

Hope this helps,

Andy

[1] - http://www.genenames.org/cgi-bin/download
[2] - http://www.genenames.org/help/rest-web-service-help

Andrew Yates - Ensembl Support Coordinator
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD