[ensembl-dev] Finding the species that genes were lost from, in a Compara gene tree

Matthieu Muffato muffato at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 17:21:45 BST 2014

Dear Avril,

These ids relate to the species-tree that was used to guide the gene
tree building. You can find them in the database in the
species_tree_node table. With the API, you can use
SpeciesTreeNodeAdaptor::fetch_node_by_node_id() to directly fetch the
species-tree node, or if you already have a SpeciesTree object (by
calling $gene_tree->species_tree for instance), you can do
$species_tree->root->find_node_by_node_id($id)

Hope this helps,
Mathieu