[ensembl-dev] VEP: Is it possible to add LRG annotations?

Andrew Carson acarson at invivoscribe.com
Mon Apr 7 17:44:17 BST 2014

Thank you very much Dr. McLaren.
Just one clarification to the LRG choice. Is the LRG always presented as the first consequence (if it exists)? If this is true, then if the --pick chooses the worst consequence, and there are multiple transcripts with the same "worst consequence", does VEP --pick the first transcript with that consequence? If that is true, if the LRG contains the "worst consequence" along with other similar transcripts, will --pick successfully choose this consequence over other equal transcripts?

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thank you again!
Andrew