[ensembl-dev] sequence of genomic features

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 6 08:51:16 BST 2013

Hi,

Ensembl holds DNA non-redundantly at the contig level. These are assembled into chromosome sequence on the fly using the API. We do not recommend reconstructing the chromosome yourself; it is non-trivial process. Instead you can get DNA sequences from:

* The Perl API
* Our FTP site (http://www.ensembl.org/info/data/ftp/index.html)
* Our REST API (http://beta.rest.ensembl.org/)
* BioMart (http://www.ensembl.org/biomart/martview)

Andy

Andrew Yates - Ensembl Core Software Project Leader
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD