[ensembl-dev] VEP Conservation Plugin error

Matthieu Muffato muffato at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 10:25:39 BST 2013

Hi Guillermo,

The message "Cannot find the core database of '...' in the Registry. Be
aware that getting Core objects from Compara is not possible for this
species" is not an error, but just a warning issued by the Compara API.

I think it is still fine in your case (getting conservation scores).
There could only be a problem if you have a script that tries to get a
Slice, Gene, Transcript object from a Compara alignment, gene tree, etc

The code in e73 is systematically showing those warnings, whilst the
previous versions did not at all. It will be less verbose again in e74.

Best,
Matthieu