[ensembl-dev] update API issue

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 15:41:09 GMT 2013

Hi there,

A reference sequence is detected by the non-existence of a non_ref flag in seq_region_attrib. I've done this query in 73:

select *
from seq_region sr
join seq_region_attrib sra using (seq_region_id)
join attrib_type a using (attrib_type_id)
where sr.name = 'HSCHR6_MHC_MCF_CTG1'
and a.code = 'non_ref'

And have got no rows back suggesting that $gene->slice->is_reference() when slice is HSCHR6_MHC_MCF_CTG1 will return false. Could you send us your code please?

Andy