[ensembl-dev] About the Solr search engine

Stephen Trevanion st3 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Nov 8 17:26:20 GMT 2013

Dear Jian-Ying Chiu,

Apologies for the delay in replying. We will be supporting this and are
currently working out the best way to do so. In the first instance we
will provide as a minimum the indexes themselves, together with the
configuration files and documentation on how to setup and configure Solr
to use them. We are hoping to be able to do this for release 74, due at
the end of the year. Generating your own custom indexes is a more
involved task that we aim to support later. This involves using a perl
script to generate XML from databases, and requires some knowledge of
Solr configuration options to generate indexes from it.

Regards,

Steve