[ensembl-dev] "Member adaptor" deprecated warning in Ensembl Compara perl API

Miguel Pignatelli mp at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 31 16:38:11 BST 2013

Hi Samiul,

Sorry for the outdated documentation, we will fix that.

We have split the MemberAdaptor into GeneMemberAdaptor (for genes) and
SeqMemberAdaptor for products (protein and transcripts).
Since you are looking for an Ensembl gene, you should be using the
GeneMemberAdaptor.

This should work without warnings:

my $member_adaptor = Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry->get_adaptor('Multi',
'compara', 'GeneMember'); ## Note 'GeneMember' here instead of 'Member'

  my $member =
$member_adaptor->fetch_by_source_stable_id('ENSEMBLGENE','ENSG00000004059');

Cheers,

M;