[ensembl-dev] "Member adaptor" deprecated warning in Ensembl Compara perl API

Samiul Hasan samiul.x.hasan at gsk.com
Fri May 31 16:30:19 BST 2013

Hello,

I keep receiving the following warning when trying to use the Member adaptor class:

------------------ DEPRECATED ---------------------

            The Member adaptor is deprecated in favour of the more specific GeneMember and SeqMember adaptors.
            Please update your code (change the adaptor) here:

STACK toplevel ./test2.pl:53

You are using the version 71 of the API. The old methods / objects are available for compatibility until version 74 (included)

(line 42) my $member_adaptor = Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry->get_adaptor('Multi', 'compara', 'Member');
(line 53) my $member = $member_adaptor->fetch_by_source_stable_id('ENSEMBLGENE','ENSG00000004059');

Is there more specific documentation detailing what the change should be? I tried going through the Ensembl Compara tutorial but it still follows the old API methods.

Best wishes, Samiul

Samiul Hasan,
Senior Scientific Investigator - Computational Biology,
Internal 782 8264
External +44 (0) 1438 76 8264
STV-2F-137-11, GSK Gunnels Wood Road,
Stevenage, Hertfordshire