[ensembl-dev] VEP populations frequency on output

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 29 09:06:26 BST 2013

Hello,

--maf_1kg is only compatible with using the cache (--cache or --offline),
as this is where the frequencies are stored. I don't think it says as much
in the documentation; I will get this updated

To retrieve them from the database (using --database) would be extremely
slow; you should always use the cache if you can.

Regards

Will