[ensembl-dev] VEP output with regulatory feature & conservation plugin

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 9 09:19:03 BST 2013

Hi Guillermo,

The feature_types sub determines when the plugin is run depending on what
feature type the TranscriptVariationAllele object overlaps.

To enable your plugin to run on every variant, regardless of what it
overlaps, you should have the sub return:

return ['Feature','Intergenic'];

Remove 'Intergenic' if you don't want the plugin to run on variants that
don't overlap a transcript or regulatory feature.

'Feature' is a catch-all type that includes transcripts and regulatory
feature types.

Hope this helps

Will