[ensembl-dev] blast hit on contigview

Beth Yates bp1 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 09:59:54 GMT 2013

Hi Sharon,

The [c] link adds a parameter like h=BLAST_NEW:BLA_LPl1M8dX8!!20130213
to the contigview url. This link is created in per/multi/blastview

The blast track itself is enabled in
EnsEMBL::Web::ImageConfig::contigviewbottom which tells the drawing code
to use Bio::EnsEMBL::GlyphSet::_blast. This module handles connecting to
the blast database where your blast results, hits and hsps are stored,
retrieving hit data and converting it to features that are then
displayed on the bottom panel of region in detail.

There a few things I would check to debug this, are you getting the
correct parameter added to the [c] link? Is the blast track being added
to the list of tracks in the ImageConfig for contigviewbottom? Can you
connect to the blast database in the glyphset, or is your blast database
configuration incorrect?

Hope this is of some help.
Beth