[ensembl-dev] Custom Track

Denise Carvalho-Silva denise at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Aug 19 17:23:09 BST 2013

Hi Shyama,

You dont need to login to add and view custom data tracks in Ensembl.

If you log in, add you data (e.g. BED, BAM, etc), log out and go back to the same region as before (without logging in this time), you will still be able to view the data.

In order to view the custom data you added on a different computer, you need to click on the share icon and tick the box so that the custom track is available for others.
You can then email the link to yourself or a colleague.

See the image below for an example.