[ensembl-dev] VEP regulatory cell types

njohnson njohnson at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 25 09:20:58 BST 2013

Hi Siddharth

Yes there are plans to broaden our coverage of cell types supported by the regulatory build, both from ENCODE and other sources, such as the Roadmap Epigenomics project.  Currently we are undergoing some fairly major infrastructure development to enable us to do this, and to support the full re-analysis of the human data for the imminent release of the new GRCh38 assembly.

I expect will likely be adding new data with the new assembly, or soon after. In short 'watch this space'.

Thanks

Nathan Johnson
Ensembl Regulation
European Bioinformatics Institute