[ensembl-dev] Mysql_Translation strand

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 19 15:07:18 BST 2012

Hi,

Firstly please do not use MySQL for the extraction of lengths; this is not well supported in anything apart from the Ensembl Perl API AFAIK.

Coordinates given in the translation table are with respect to exon in question e.g. where seq_start equals 1 means translation starts at position 1 in the exon given in start_exon_id; seq_end equals 60 means finish at position 60 in the exon given in end_exon_id. These are given in the 5' to 3' ordering.

Andy

Andrew Yates                   Ensembl Core Software Project Leader
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492538
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   Fax: +44-(0)1223-494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK         http://www.ensembl.org/