[ensembl-dev] gene and exon data download from Illumina (Human BodyMap 2.0)

Bronwen Aken ba1 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Sep 10 17:04:43 BST 2012

Dear Jerry,

Yes, that is correct: to download the gene and exon coordinates for the Ensembl human Illumina BodyMap data, you will need to query our human RNASeq database using our Perl API.

We do hold regular training courses for users who would like to learn more about our API. (You can contact helpdesk at ensembl.org for more information on these courses.) However, if you would like to try using the Perl API a good starting point is the script that we provided on our blog post:
http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2011/05/24/human-bodymap-2-0-data-from-illumina/
or in cvs:
http://cvs.sanger.ac.uk/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/ensembl-pipeline/scripts/examples/dump_transcripts.pl?root=ensembl&view=co

You will be able to fetch the following gene and exon data using the API:
chromosome
strand
boundary coordinates (start and end)
transcript_length

You will not be able to fetch the following information as it has not been calculated:
raw_count
RPKM

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Bronwen