[ensembl-dev] EnsEMBL compara / protein sequence alignments

Javier Herrero jherrero at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 21:34:35 BST 2012

Dear Sabrina

I have modified the script slightly only. Essentially, I have removed
some bits that were not required and cleaned up the code a little. I
have also added the possibility of specifying the query and the target
species in the command line. Last, I have also changed the script to
output the alignments into separate files.

Your strategy using the ENSEMBLGENE was correct. Indeed, you get two
proteins aligned. I believe this is what you want, isn't it?

I have added a few comments. Let me know if there something that is not
clear.

Javier