[ensembl-dev] EnsEMBL compara / protein sequence alignments

srodriguez srodriguez at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Oct 22 15:58:01 BST 2012

Dear all,

I would like to use compara EnsEMBL API to get the aligned protein
sequences of a query animal with homologous protein sequences from
other species.

The script would take as input the query specie name, (and if possible
the hit species names). The script would get the proteins of the query
organism, then the homologous protein sequences, and then retrieves 1
file per protein query sequence containing the alignment of the query
(placed as the first sequence) and then the other specie protein
sequences aligned.

I was thinking about using an "homology adaptor" with ENSEMBLPEP, so I
started a script that way, but I do not obtain any results with
ENSEMBLPEP and the results with ENSEMBLGENE are 2 sequences per
alignment (see script attached).

I also tried with "families", but sometimes, I do not get the protein
sequence for my specie query in the sequence alignment even though I
searched by using my taxon id (script N#2 attached).

Would you have a script that already performs my goal?

If not, could you please help me reaching my goal?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Sabrina.

Sabrina Rodriguez