[ensembl-dev] EnsEMBL compara / protein sequence alignments

Javier Herrero jherrero at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 02:34:18 GMT 2012

Hi Sabrina

I see. We have been considering using the family alignments for SIFT as
well. You can get the alignments from the families, you don't need to
re-align the proteins. Ensembl families contain very closely-related
proteins.

The script you need to get the alignment from a family is fairly simple
and we can help you with this. Is there any reason why you want to
restrict your analysis to a given set of genomes? Would you consider
using all proteins in the family (again, they are all very similar
proteins)?

Javier