[ensembl-dev] Tribolium ChLG8 missing?

Mark Robinson mark.robinson at imls.uzh.ch
Thu Nov 8 13:37:04 GMT 2012

Dear Ensemblers,

First of all, thank you for this great resource.  Apologies if this isn't the right place to post.

I have been playing around with some Tribolium castaneum resources:
http://metazoa.ensembl.org/Tribolium_castaneum/Info/StatsTable?db=core

And, I've found that there are NO annotated genes on ChLG8, either in the scaffold viewer:

http://metazoa.ensembl.org/Tribolium_castaneum/Location/View?r=ChLG8:9002948-9018951 (no genes chr8)
http://metazoa.ensembl.org/Tribolium_castaneum/Location/View?r=ChLG7:8760950-9260949 (tons of genes chr7)

or, in the GTF files (I checked back to the first Tcas release):

ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/metazoa/release-16/gtf/tribolium_castaneum/Tribolium_castaneum.Tcas3.16.gtf.gz
ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/metazoa/release-15/gtf/tribolium_castaneum/Tribolium_castaneum.Tcas3.15.gtf.gz
ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/metazoa/release-12/gtf/tribolium_castaneum/Tribolium_castaneum.Tcas3.12.gtf.gz

Is this a simple error, since Beetlebase definitely has annotated genes there:
http://beetlebase.org/jbrowse/index.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Best, Mark

----------
Prof. Dr. Mark Robinson
Bioinformatics