[ensembl-dev] BIOMART

Michael Schuster michaels at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 18 16:34:11 BST 2012

Hello Nicholas,

The BioMart variation data sets can be filtered by their association
with a particular Ensembl gene stable identifier (e.g. ENSG00000146648
for the human EGFR gene) and directly support the export of flanking
sequences of a specified length.

While this works fine for the human germ-line variation data set
(dbSNP 135), the human somatic variation data set (COSMIC 58) suffers
from a configuration error so that this functionality is currently not
available. Please accept our apologies for this mistake.

I have been informed that this will be rectified with the next Ensembl
release.

Best regards,
Michael Schuster