[ensembl-dev] BIOMART

Hickson Nicholas (RW3) CMFT Manchester Nicholas.Hickson at cmft.nhs.uk
Thu May 17 10:56:07 BST 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently attended a seminar in Manchester at the NOWGEN centre, during which Dr Michael K. Schuster gave a presentation about the ENSEMBL browser, including BIOMART.

I have a question I would like to ask:

Could you please let me know how I could extract all the somatic mutations for a specific gene (E.g. EGFR) reported on COSMIC, including their genomic reference coordinates, in order to then be able to actually get 200 bp of flanking sequence around the mutation by entering these details into the UCSC browser or the ensembl website if possible.

Thank you,

Best wishes,

Nicholas Hickson

Dr Nicholas Hickson (PhD)

Trainee Clinical Scientist

Regional Genetics Laboratories

Genetic Medicine (6th floor)

Manchester Academic Health Science Centre

St Mary's Hospital

Oxford Road

Manchester M13 9WL

UK

Email: Nicholas.Hickson at cmft.nhs.uk<mailto:Nicholas.Hickson at cmft.nhs.uk>

Tel: 0161 27 63265

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain privileged and confidential information.  If you are not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, we would be grateful if you would notify us immediately.  Thank you for your assistance.

Please note that e-mails sent or received by our staff may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act (unless exempt).