[ensembl-dev] New genome assembly updates

Dan Staines dstaines at ebi.ac.uk
Sat May 12 07:50:17 BST 2012

On 05/11/2012 06:22 PM, Hiram Clawson wrote:
> Please note the NCBI assembly information resources:
>    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genome/assembly/
> With a listing of 834 released genome assemblies:
>    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genome/assembly/organism/

Yes, we've already begun the internal use of the INSDC Assembly database
for genome discovery, though we also need to consider in each case where
to obtain gene models from (since Ensembl Genomes generally imports
third party annotation).

Dan.

--
Dan Staines, PhD               Ensembl Genomes Technical Coordinator
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492507