[ensembl-dev] VEP Frequency annotation

Duarte Molha Duarte.Molha at ogt.co.uk
Fri May 4 11:00:45 BST 2012

Dear Devs.

I have another question/feature request regarding the VEP script.

I know that we can use the script to filter the variations according to allelic frequency. It would be very useful if one option could be added so that it outputs the frequency for the allele (whatever it maybe) without doing any filtering. Currently I have made a workaround by preprocessing all allelic frequencies for v64 and then changed the VEP script to add that information to the RSID field. Not that you allow plugins I believe I can make a plugin to do this without having to hack the VEP code. However it would be very usefull, since you already have code in place to check for frequencies if you could output the frequencies without forcing any filtering.

Best regards

Duarte Molha