[ensembl-dev] New genome assembly updates

simon andrews (BI) simon.andrews at babraham.ac.uk
Fri May 11 13:39:35 BST 2012

Thanks Dan, that helps clear things up a bit.  From our point of view it would be useful to have a page somewhere which listed released but not yet processed assemblies along with a very brief status to say what's happening with them.  I'd not realised that the rice assembly hadn't been submitted to INSDC yet and maybe if there was a way to find this out then the people who really care about this assembly could be approaching the submitting groups who are actually holding up the process.

I have to say that in the vast majority of cases the Ensembl updates have been very timely which is I guess why people get confused when an update occasionally fails to appear.

Cheers

Simon.