[ensembl-dev] New genome assembly updates

Dan Staines dstaines at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 11 13:24:50 BST 2012

Hi Simon,

Speaking on behalf on Ensembl Genomes (the non-vertebrate sister project
of Ensembl), we make our intentions for the next release public on this
list and on www.ensemblgenomes.org, but we don't usually publish
concrete plans outside of this scope. We also don't currently operate a
pre-site system in the same way that Ensembl do.

We do try to incorporate new assemblies in a timely fashion, but we're
constrained by whether the underlying assembly has been submitted to the
INSDC archives. In the case of rice, we're waiting for the completion of
the submission of the new IRGSP assembly to the archives, which we hope
will be completed in time for Ensembl Genomes release 15 (probably late
summer), though this is by no means definite.

We're always very happy for people to contact us about new assemblies or
builds, either on this list or via helpdesk at ensemblgenomes.org, so
please feel free to get in touch!

Best,

Dan.

--
Dan Staines, PhD               Ensembl Genomes Technical Coordinator
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492507