[ensembl-dev] Upgrade the mail-list

Thomas Juettemann juettemann at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:08:32 BST 2012

Adding my 2 cent:
I see myself as an intermediate Perl programmer and recently started
using the  API. I second Kieron that using Doxygen made my start much
easier. Autocompletion and being able to search for methods across all
Modules saved me an immense amount of time. I took the API training
course and had a 45 year old biologist who just started
Perl/Unix/Bioinformatics, and he was able navigation through the
system within 20 min. Really impressed me.

However, when coding I often prefer to look at the good ol' Perldoc.
But it is easy enough to have a terminal open on the side and pop it
up there.

Thomas