[ensembl-dev] Bio::EnsEMBL::Slice::expand

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 23:57:59 BST 2012

Hi Ben

The expand code is strand aware so your first param is always 5 prime and second is 3 prime. However if you have a gene asking for its slice will return the Slice the feature is located on in the forward orientation i.e. the chromosome. To get the strand aware slice use feature_Slice and then call expand.

Hope this helps,

Andy