[ensembl-dev] 5 prime UTR coordinates

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 15:55:57 GMT 2012

Hi Nick,

The method five_prime_utr() returns a Bio::Seq object & is meant to be a way of accessing the sequence data not the coordinates. Take a look at this script hosted at GitHub's gist:

https://gist.github.com/1237394

It should give you all the information you need to extract the coordinates you need

All the best,

Andy

Andrew Yates                   Ensembl Core Software Project Leader
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492538
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   Fax: +44-(0)1223-494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK         http://www.ensembl.org/