[ensembl-dev] Sus scrofa is not a valid species name?

Bert Overduin bert at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Jun 10 09:40:01 BST 2012

Alexander,

I am afraid we lost a few synonyms from the db, so 'pig' and 'sus scrofa'
won't work. This will be fixed in v68. In the meantime please use
'sus_scrofa' or 'swine'.

Cheers,
Bert

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Alexander Pico <apico at gladstone.ucsf.edu>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting errors on some version 67 (and genomes 14) databases where the
> species name is not accepted by the Registry:

Bert Overduin, Ph.D.
Vertebrate Genomics Team

EMBL - European Bioinformatics Institute
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~bert