[ensembl-dev] VEP plugin execution order

Graham Ritchie grsr at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Jan 22 19:04:53 GMT 2012

Hi Michael,

Yes, plugins are run in the order in which they are specified on the command line or ini file, so they can be run as a pipeline, with, for example, a later plugin filtering output based on the results from an earlier plugin. However, if you are using the filtering mechanism (by returning undef rather than a hashref from the run method), the first plugin to filter a line 'wins' and no further plugins will be run on that line.

Cheers,

Graham