[ensembl-dev] slice_adapter as MySQL procedure?

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 09:52:22 GMT 2012

Hi Reece,

I would urge caution as I did with Jing last week. Replicating the assembly mapper logic as a basic MySQL procedure would be impossible IMHO. You may have more luck with user defined functions but again the assembly mapper logic is not for the faint hearted. For what it is worth the Perl API isn't as slow as you may think WRT sequence retrieval especially if your requests for sequence are batched for the same region.

Best regards,

Andy