[ensembl-dev] Is Perl API already version 66?

Sergei Manakov manakov at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Jan 8 22:30:48 GMT 2012

Hello,

I downloaded new API from ensembl website yesterday, and it appears to
be of version 66.

I load registry like that:

my $registry = 'Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry';
$registry->load_registry_from_db(
 '-host'       => 'ensembldb.ensembl.org',
 '-user'       => 'anonymous',
 '-db_version' => '65'
);

I get this warning: "For mus_musculus_core_65_37 there is a difference in the
software release (66) and the database release (65). You should update
one of these to ensure that your script does not crash."

And if I change '-db_version' => '66' the the script crashes saying:
"MSG: Mouse is not a valid species name (check DB and API version)".
Clearly, "Mouse" is a valid species name, so I assume that Ensembl 66
is not ready yet.

If you know where the problem might be, please let me know.

thanks,
Sergei