[ensembl-dev] Plant API download?

simon andrews (BI) simon.andrews at babraham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 6 11:25:52 GMT 2012

I've been trying to download the core plant API bundle using the link on the website at:

http://plants.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/api_installation.html

Which points to:

http://cvs.sanger.ac.uk/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/ensembl.tar.gz?root=ensembl&only_with_tag=branch-ensemblgenomes-12-65&view=tar

..but I'm only getting a tiny file returned (29 bytes).

I tried pulling the files directly out of CVS using:

cvs -d :pserver:cvsuser at cvs.sanger.ac.uk:/cvsroot/ensembl checkout -r branch-ensemblgenomes-12-65 ensembl

but although I get a load of messages saying:

cvs checkout: Updating ensembl
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/Apache
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/Apache/EnsEMBL
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/cgi-bin
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/corba
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/corba/artemis
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/corba/popt
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/corba/popt/po
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/corba/seq
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/corba/simpleobjectman
cvs checkout: Updating ensembl/docs

I don't actually get anything written to my local directory.  I also see a warning saying:

cvs checkout: warning: cannot open history file `/cvsroot/ensembl/CVSROOT/history' for write: Permission denied

..which may or may not be relevant.

Any clues?

Cheers

Simon.

The Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge CB22 3AT Registered Charity No. 1053902.

The information transmitted in this email is directed only to the addressee. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this email from your system. The contents of this e-mail are the views of the sender and do not necessarily represent the views of the Babraham Institute. Full conditions at: www.babraham.ac.uk<http://www.babraham.ac.uk/email_disclaimer.html>