[ensembl-dev] Error in dump_transcripts.pl from the blog post Human BodyMap 2.0 data from Illumina

Jerry Li jli94080 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 22:43:54 BST 2012

Thank you, Thibaut, for the response.  The script dump_transcripts.pl now
runs after I upgraded my version of perl.

I have some more questions after running the script. Hopefully the Ensembl
community can help me out.

1)  Is it possible to output the gene id as a Entrez Gene_id.  I only get
output for the ensembl gene stable_id by $gene->stable_id.  But this id is
internal to ensembl right?  How I find out the public gene id or gene name
based on the stable_id?

2)  Is there a way to get the counts or the number of mRNAs that map to
a particular Exon or Transcript?

Thank you all in advance!

Jerry