[ensembl-dev] VEP script using Fork

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 12:28:11 BST 2012

Garbled output probably won't help, but thanks for the offer anyway!
It might be more useful to know what compute setup you are using
(Mac/UNIX/Windows, local machine/farm, RAM/CPU etc)

Speed can vary wildly depending on the type of data you have - that
example I gave is on a test set covering only a small chromosomal
region, so the script doesn't spend very long loading transcript data
from the cache.

Will