[ensembl-dev] VEP plugin-generated non-column header info

Michael Yourshaw myourshaw at ucla.edu
Thu Apr 5 16:43:43 BST 2012

I don’t think that would work well as a general solution. What about implementing a specific hash key to designate text that would be output before the column info, such as “$$PRELUDE”? The value associated with the $$PRELUDE key would be put into the header before the column info. If the value were multiline (\n separated” VEP could nicely add the “##” before each line, so VEP maintains control over how the header is formatted.

This is obviously not a big deal, but would be a convenience.

ॐ

Michael Yourshaw
UCLA Geffen School of Medicine
Department of Human Genetics, Nelson Lab
695 Charles E Young Drive S
Gonda 5554
Los Angeles CA 90095-8348 USA
myourshaw at ucla.edu
970.691.8299

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately. Thank you.